The Category Base Killer Plugin does exactly what it says. It removes the “category/” text from your WordPress URL string.
In other words, it turns your URL string from this:
- Unzip category-base-killer.zip to your “wp-content/plugins” directory
- Log in to your WordPress admin account
- Click the “Plugins” tabs
- Click “activate” next to “Category Base Killer”
- Click the “Options” tab
- Click the “Permalinks” sub-tab
- Make sure that “%category%” (without quotes) appears somewhere in your permalink structure. Otherwise when you click on your category archive links, you’ll encounter a 404 error.
1.0 - Public Release
- The only way for my posts to get better is to get your opinion! So help me out, and rate this one! Thanks!
Who thought it could be so difficult to remove 8 little letters?!? I recently turned my back on Drupal and installed Wordp...
Lost in my recent Wordpress frenzy, I posted a rant about a recent fit of road rage that includes some simple Flash movies. ...
After reviewing my latest Google Sitemap statistics, I noticed that there was an error being reported. The message stated th...