On November 2, 2000, a man named John Titor began making posts on an Internet forum claiming to be from the year 2036. He started by posting pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. Later he began answering questions from other forum members on topics like:
- The Nature of Time Travel
- A Future U.S. Civil War
- The Future U.S. Government
- Life in the Future
- Future Catastrophes
- … and others
He then stuck to his promise and left our “worldline” to return to his own, on March 21, 2001. Luckily, the posts made to these forums were archived and can be reviewed by the curious at www.johntitor.com.
Now before you write off the notion of John Titor as a delusional madman, you should know that unlike Nostradamus or other proclaimed prophets, many more of John Titor’s “predictions” have come to pass. According to Titor, divergence between worldlines increases the further back in time you travel, so his worldline in 2036 is slightly different from what ours will be. But, if you read his posts, you feel like you’re really reading about the future… not a guess.
By visiting the John Titor site, you’ll read that:
- Time travel is possible by manipulating gravity
- World War III kills 3 billion people in 2015
- Life in the future is centered more around family and community
- Hydrogen and solar energy cells are vastly improved
- The future U.S. government includes 5 presidents instead of 1
If you are the slightest bit curious, or have an hour or two to kill, you need to browse the John Titor archive. Even if it is all fiction, it will still give you a fresh perspective about your life today and challenge your mind as you read more about the possibility of time travel.
- The only way for my posts to get better is to get your opinion! So help me out, and rate this one! Thanks!
We all know that diet and exercise are the key components to any weight loss plan. But what if you just can't find the motiv...
A work breakdown structure (WBS) is an essential ingredient of successful project management. Though effective for any sized...
Driven, goal-oriented entrepreneurs fight the odds to establish and grow their small-business. Budding, medium-sized firms e...